Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summer Reading

I know summer's almost gone, but I don't have a lot to say at the moment. On the other hand, this year I've read many books which have had a great deal to say, and which have been both informative and transformative. So, I thought I'd share. Here are a few of my favorite, most recent, and most unforgettable reads:

Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison
How to Want What You Have: Discovering the Magic and Grandeur of Ordinary Existence by Timothy Miller
Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith and James MacKinnon
The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker's Guide to Extraordinary Living by Stephen Cope
Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg

Other than maybe too much of a fondness for long subtitles (a trend?), these books are gems and well worth a read. This is absolutely NOT a comprehensive list; only a list of books I've read very recently that have struck my fancy and found their way into my permanent library-quite a rare distinction. Are other lists forthcoming? Maybe. In the meantime check these out.

No comments: